Let’s get started!
Before we begin, it is important to note that Botanacor Laboratories is an Industrial Hemp and Hemp-derived Product testing facility. Only agricultural samples derived from Cannabis sativa L. that qualify as Industrial Hemp shall be sent for testing purposes.
Please read our Terms and Conditions before submitting samples for testing.
Sample Size Requirements
It is necessary that your sample size meets our minimum sample size requirements, which varies based on the type of test requested and the sample matrix being submitted.
- Plant material (flower, biomass, etc.): 2 grams
- Concentrates: 1 gram
- Infused Products:
- Edibles – 4 units/pieces
- Tinctures – 1 mL
- Waters/Drinks: 60 mL or 1 resealable unit or 3 single-use units (i.e. can)
Terpene Profile Analysis:
- 2 grams / 2 mL
- Please note, we can’t perform Terpene Analysis on infused edibles/capsules. Please provide the concentrated oil.
Residual Solvent Analysis:
- 1 gram / 1 mL
- 1 unit or no less than 3 grams for all sample types. Microbial test samples must be in a separate sample container from samples submitted for all other testing.
- 1 unit or no less than 2 grams
- 1 unit or no less than 20 mL
- 20 mL or 20 grams
- Samples for each test must be submitted in separate containers.
- Raw hemp/biomass should be properly cured and milled to ensure a homogenous representation of your sample. (Please note, due to the high volume of samples that we test on a daily basis, we do not provide any additional sample preparation steps for biomass. We test your sample in the state that we receive it in.)
Chain of Custody Form
The Botanacor Chain of Custody Form is used to establish new accounts and to communicate the test types and turn times required. Please type directly into the form to ensure legibility. Include the Chain of Custody Form with your shipment.
Turn Around Times
Our daily cut off for sample submission is 10:30 am MST. If packages are delivered after 10:30am MST, another day will be added to the requested turn around time.
It is best to send any supporting documentation that you may have with your samples. In the event that your package is selected for inspection, having any state or international cultivation/manufacturing licenses, or certificates of analysis, will expedite the release of your package.
Ensuring sample integrity while in transit will be important to avoid any shipping or testing delays. We recommend packaging your samples in a dual container system.
- Place you sample in a suitable container based on your product matrix.
- For glass containers, reinforce screw caps with adhesive tape.
- Affix a proper label to clearly identify the contents.
- Use a watertight/leak-proof container or sealable mylar envelope.
- Reinforce the container using adhesive tape or heat seal.
When your samples are prepped and ready for submission, be sure to package everything in a sturdy shipping box, as opposed to an envelope.
Please send samples to:
ATTN: Sample Receiving
1001 S. Galapago St.
Denver, CO, 80223 USA
We accept checks or credit cards. If paying with a credit card, check the box for “Credit Card” and our accountant will call the number listed for the Billing Contact.
Note: for clients without approved credit from Botanacor, payment must be received prior to the release of final project report.