The Analytical Chemist position is responsible for providing accurate and timely analytical data in a fast-paced work environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct routine analyses of finished product and in-process samples.
- Interpret test results, compare them to established specifications and control limits.
- Perform visual inspections of finished products.
- Complete documentation needed to support testing procedures including data capture forms, equipment logbooks, or inventory forms.
- Calibrate and maintain laboratory equipment.
- Participate in out-of-specification and failure investigations, non-conformance investigations, and recommend corrective actions.
- Investigate or report questionable test results.
- Ensure that lab cleanliness and safety standards are maintained.
- Identify quality problems and recommend solutions.
- Monitor testing procedures to ensure that all tests are performed according to established item specifications, standard test methods.
- Train other analysts to perform laboratory procedures and assays.
- Identify and troubleshoot equipment problems.
- Participate in internal assessments and audits as required.
- Evaluate analytical methods and procedures to determine how they might be improved.
- Write technical reports or documentation such as deviation reports, testing protocols, and trend analyses.
- Prepare or review required method transfer documentation including technical transfer protocols or reports.
- Evaluate new technologies and methods to make recommendations regarding their use
- To perform these duties, the Quality Control Chemist must possess the knowledge of and training on various testing methodologies.
- Must have working knowledge in operating analytical instruments and their related data acquisition and processing systems and methodologies, including HPLC, GC/MS, LC/MS/MS, analytical balances, other general laboratory benchtop equipment, etc.
- A qualified candidate for the position must have at a minimum, a Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or related field, with a minimum of 1 – 2 years’ experience in cGMP or other similarly regulated industries.
- Full time; M-F 8am-5pm
- Must be 21 years or older
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- HSA Account
- 2 weeks PTO
- 10 paid holidays
Apply for this Position
Botanacor Laboratories is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.